Apply First Aid – HLTFA301C
This course is accredited by Australian First Aid
Enclosed Footwear Required
This course provides participants with the
skills and knowledge to recognise, respond and provide essential first aid in
the event of a medical emergency.
Online/ Workbook – You are required to
either complete an on-line theory module or a workbook prior to our practical
face-to-face session. This will involve some pre-course reading and the
completion of theory questions.
- Assess an emergency situation
- Maintain the airway, breathing and circulation of an unconscious
- Administer First Aid for Minor Wounds & Apply Infection
- Manage a casualty with external bleeding
- Manage a casualty suffering from shock
- Administer First Aid for Burns & Electric Shock
- Administer First Aid for Eye & Soft Tissue Injuries
- Administer First Aid for Venomous Bites & Stings and Allergic
- Administer First Aid for Spinal Injuries & Fractures
- Manage the casualty with Chest / Head / Abdominal Injuries
- Determine Principles for the Assessment and Movement of the Sick
& Injured & First Aid Recording Requirements
- Explain the legal and social responsibilities of a first
- Determine first aid facilities and training
Assessment will include a written
assessment (which can be completed online) and through practical demonstration
Approximately 6 hours
At Skills Training Mackay Training room,
Corner of River & Tennyson Streets Mackay
This is a Nationally Accredited course and upon successful
completion students will be awarded the recognised Statement of Attainment in
HLTFA301C Apply First Aid.
Contact us for further information.